Frontend Engineer, Visualization, D3.js
As a Data Visualization Engineer at Synthesized, you'll work alongside (thoughtful and nice) machine learning and statistics PhDs from the University of Cambridge and world class software engineers. You'll develop data visualizations for internal and customer facing interfaces. You'll interact with customers on a regular basis.
You take ownership of what you deliver. You have experience in making design decisions and development trade-offs. Good communications skills allow you to articulate your decisions to the rest of the team and by open to constructive feedback, guidance, and the compromises that are required within the larger project. You can manage multiple work-streams and transition tasks to others or proactively pick up new ones as needed.
- Developing web applications with a strong focus on visualization, design and usability.
- Build world class user experiences
- Participate in the creation and support of data visualization development standards and best practices across the company
- Explore and recommend emerging technologies and techniques to support/enhance common UX/UI patterns and components.
- 2+ years of experience with graphics libraries (D3.js, Three.js, Vega, Processing, Metal) and related tools.
- Familiarity with common statistical analysis techniques and tools.
- Problem solving/troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus
We’re on a mission to transform the way how our society works with data using Artificial Intelligence to ensure it leads to a fair outcome for humans. We believe that the best results are delivered by a group of creative individuals working in unison
The company combines benefits of academic and industrial environments including generous compensation and sponsorship to attend top events in the world. It is backed by leading technology investors in the UK and Europe and accelerated by Facebook London Lab and PwC Scale Up.You'll work in one of our offices in Fitzrovia or Shoreditch depending on your preference.